Europa-List: Re: Leaking coolant

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Leaking coolant
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 09:30:26

Hi Guys

I too purchased CTC clamps to hold my Silicone hoses in place on my 914. Be
aware
the clamps come in different widths and tensions, they are not all created
equal.

Whatever I couldn't procure from McMaster, I got SELF-COMPENSATING HOSE CLAMPS
---From Rotor Clip:
http://rotorclip.com/hose_clamps.php

(I forget now, but they may have even sent me what I needed as free samples?)

Although you could probably get away by using something you already have for
squeezing
and installing, I broke down and bought a purpose pliers that allows for
holding and rotating the angle. I probably bought them from McMaster.
No matter it isn't a bad idea to wear safety glasses when installing the clamps,
at least until they are held captive on the hose.

Ron Parigoris

Read this topic online here: