Europa-List: Off Topic -- Electric

Subject: Europa-List: Off Topic -- Electric
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 14:08:08
If anyone has not read the article on the Pipistrel Taurus G4 in the January
"Sport
Aviation," you need to. I had no idea that electric propulsion had advanced
so far. It looks very much like this may be the future. They flew 4 people
over 200 miles in just under 2 hours on a single charge. Granted, the airplane
is not ready for mass distribution, but the concept appears to be solid. Given
the problems we all have with internal combustion engines, we may have a
snapshot
of the next several years.

Jim Puglise
N283JL (flying off 40 hrs.)