Re: Europa-List: Re: Video of N152MT flying

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Video of N152MT flying
From: Martin Tuck <MJKTuck@cs.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 20:50:21
Hi Troy,

Thanks for the compliments. Yes, I had one of the first 'builder'
websites around 1997 time-frame and  I'm glad it help inspire you to
finish yours. Unfortunately a few years back Compuserve decided not to
provide free web hosting anymore and turned off the service without
warning. The video footage was actually made about 8 years ago by an
enthusiastic videographer and he did a good job. He let me have the VHS
tape of what he took and I recently downloaded and converted it into a
format I could edit and put music to. Some day I'd like to get myself
one of those GoPro HD cameras and mount it on various places around the
aircraft - just takes time and money - just like my EFIS upgrade (which
was put on the backburner after the bill for my wifes dental implant
came in ($4,500)  :-0 )!!

I had the original red rubber block - the one that had the mod in which
you added a ply spacer and cut the vee's. After 50+ days of 100 deg F
heat this summer I noticed the aircraft was sitting very low and sure
enough the shock block was very squished and needed replacing - did good
for ten years though. Replacement was pretty straightforward and a lot
easier than I thought. I'm attaching some photos of the old block next
to the new which I thought were quite funny. The aircraft sits back up
where it should now.

Regards,
Martin Tuck

On 12/20/2011 7:13 AM, Troy Maynor wrote:
> -->  Europa-List message posted by: "Troy Maynor"<wingnut54@charter.net>
>
> Hi Martin,
> Loved the video. Your completed project and website so many years ago is
> another
example that helped me press on to finish mine. Thanks so much. I'm really
enjoying this thing called Europa.