Europa-List: Re : Lost - Oil Tank Cap

Subject: Europa-List: Re : Lost - Oil Tank Cap
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 11:08:27
Hi Carl,

Sorry you lost your cap. I have done a small mod on my cap which
prevents this problem.

As you may have noted, if you check the oil level when the engine is
hot, it is very easy to drop the cap into the cowl and it is a bit
irritating to have to remove the top and bottom cowls off to retrieve
it. To stop this happening again, I have pop riveted a small aluminium
tab to the raised rib on the cap. This tab has a hole for a key ring
loop and a nylon cord which is secured to the adjacent hose = no further
problems.

Cheers, John
N262WF, mono XS, 912S
Mooresville, North Carolina