Europa-List: Re: Flap up method for single handed rigging

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Flap up method for single handed rigging
From: AirEupora <AirEupora@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:04:21

I built a telescoping square brace tubing that attaches to the tie down bolt
hole.
I have an over center brace that I can take the wings off my dolly and place
the spar into the hole in the fuselage.  I then lift the wing and straighten
it out from the wing tip then slide it into the fuselage.  I only have one
picture, take in the rain, but can sent the measurements and some pictures.  The
square tubing is welded to a square legs that have 360 degrees rolls installed.
The telescoping inner tube is secured with a Vise Grip pliers on each wing.
I have then marked with magic marker and once I have the wings in I telescope
the tube to the correct height to install the pins.  I have the flap in the
down position and work the wing into the fuselage to just before engaging the
flaps.

I hope this makes sense.  I have put the wings on using this method for the last
year by myself.

If you want the pictures e-mail off line  aireupora@sbcglobal.net

Read this topic online here:

Attachments: