Europa-List: Control fork assembly friction against skin

Subject: Europa-List: Control fork assembly friction against skin
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:22:57
 I just did some trial fitting of the control fork in the cockpit module.
Although I took great pains to make sure the alignment was perfect, I
overlooked something. I am talking about the fork assembly
(CS02/Tufnol/CS03 sandwich) where it enters the tunnel through the hole in
the thigh support. Since the manual insisted on cutting this hole as low as
possible on the cockpit module's floor, I might have gone a hair too low.
The edges of the CS02 fork is now pressing against the lower glassfiber
flange. This friction is not serious, but even a small change in the setup
can make it stiffen up significantly. My thought is to cut that part of the
skin off, since I don't see it serving any special purpose. Photos are
attached. Any thoughts would be appreciated.