Europa-List: Re: Tie down points

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Tie down points
From: kees de bussy <keesdebussy@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 09:55:09

Hi Max,

My plane has no tie-down points either. I now use small clamps which are mounted
between the ailerons and the wingtips. But I am not very happy with this
solution
because this part of the wing is not reinforced.

I also don't want to open the wings. So I consider to make some tie-down points
direct to the spar near the bell-crank. To do so I will remove the bell-rank
inspection windows. This way I do not need to open the wings.

I would also like to hear comments on this idea or get other suggestions.

Kees de Bussy
PH-SBR

Read this topic online here: