RE: Europa-List: Re: vents in perspex

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: vents in perspex
From: Peter Jeffers <pjeffers@talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 14:34:00

Hi Graham,

I have fitted glider type sliding windows to my a/c.  The ones I fitted were
made by a Swiss company called Mecaplex.  When I got them 7 or 8 years ago
they cost something like 150 each.   If these are the ones you are going to
fit then I have an accurate template to go with a router fitted with a NEW
1/4" router bit. If you wish I can lend this to you but you will have to
wait till I get back from the States at the end of the month.
The cutting rate is quite fast and I had NO problem with heat.  Ensure the
canopy temperature is in the region of 60 to 70f. ie not too cold, before
cutting. Practice on at least one off cut before attacking the real thing.

Pete Jeffers    Europa Club LAA Rep