Europa-List: N283JL First flight

Subject: Europa-List: N283JL First flight
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 23:23:40
My earlier posts must have failed because I had a photo attached. Sorry about
that!
Pictures on Facebook.

After almost eight years of construction, N283JL finally flew yesterday. Peter
Jeffers was the test pilot and he reported that it handled just as it should,
was very stable and well behaved. The number are:

Empty Weight: 885 Lbs.
Engine: Jabiru 3300
Construction hours: 2,014 (to date)
Cruise: 118 Kts @ 2,850

Thanks need to go out to Bob and Russ at Flight Crafters, and Bud Yearly and
John
Lawton for their help, as well as all the help we have received from the people
on this list. Peter has also been a lifesaver in helping finish the last
50% after I completed the first 95%. Without the help from him and Sue, we would
undoubtedly not have been able to finish it in the time frame we did.

There is a great deal of concern in cooling the Jabiru. CHTs and oil temps were
all within specifications for the first flight. EGSs are a little high, but
other
indicators tell us it is running a little lean, which we can address.

The attached photo is Peter Jeffers and I just after the flight.

Jim Puglise
N283JL, Punta Gorda, FL