Re: Europa-List: door warp

Subject: Re: Europa-List: door warp
From: Neville Eyre <neveyre@aol.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:53:14

Hi Skip,
Weights [ shot or sand bag] on the door corners will in time recover the do
ors to original shape, I have also used a luggage strap around the fuselage
 with local wood [ 3'' long 1'' x 2''] intensifiers to do the same job.
Taking the gas struts off will speed up the recovery, but take care if you
have the plastic ball joint sockets as they can only be sprung off a few ti
mes before they come too loose.
Leave the plane out in the sun, let it come back slowly, could take weeks !
Cheers,
Nev.