Europa-List: Re: Naca vents

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Naca vents
From: AirEupora <AirEupora@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 07:54:20

I tried repairing these NACA vents and the repair has broken.  I liked one of
the
ideals for fixing them from Remi, but the time and effort would have been to
much.  I'm lazy and want to go flying.  I looked at what Roddy did and I liked
his ideal, but my knob was to far gone.

I drilled out the knob and took a 10-32 bolt (AN4-6) and using resin and fibers
glued the bolt into the knob.  I then riveted a nutplate onto an AN-960 washer.
I had to grind the edges off to fit in the hole inside of the NACA vent.
That was glued too.  I also ground down the nutplate to about half its normal
length.  I left a shoulder on the movable part of the vent where the bolt makes
contact so that it would not blown out once I opened it in the air.

The one question I have?  Is there enough air pressure on the movable vent to
force
it open?

.

Read this topic online here: