Europa-List: Araldite 420 A

Subject: Europa-List: Araldite 420 A
From: Peter Timm <cptimm@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 12:50:56
Hi All,

following my recent twisting of the tail-wheel spring-arm I had to
remove the same from the fuselage, which turned out to be a simple task.
The Araldite 420 could be softened up in stages with a heat-gun and dug
out with an old wood chisel. I then pulled out the spring-arm after
removing the inside bolt, which was bent as well. Straightening out the
twisted
tail-spring required the use of a strong vise as well as a longish piece
of pipe, but was also fairly easy. I then proceeded to re-assemble
everything , after proper sanding and cleaning the area, and finally
used a very small amount of Araldite 420 which I had kept in a small
glass jar, with a bit of hardener in a small bottle, mixed it well with
some flox, and applied it
around the spring where it passes through the hole .  Unfortunately,
either the Araldite, or the hardener ( more likely) seems to have
expired , and the glue has not cured and will have to be cleaned out
again.
Can anyone sell a small amount of Araldite and hardener to me, not more
than 50g is needed.
I will, of course, buy a larger amount.

Peter Timm,  C-GIET