Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM]RE: Europa-List: Best way to store araldite 420 afte

Subject: Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM]RE: Europa-List: Best way to store araldite 420 after
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 20:54:38
opening the cam

My Aeroepoxy is over 10 years old. The opened can of hardener does
change color, to wine red, and eventually to a blackish red. It is a
bit disturbing to see this color on laminations, but the strength
appears to be good as new. The sealed cans (which also sat for 10
years) also show a slight red coloration, but not nearly as much. I
think a vacuum sealing method for storing these epoxies would be a
useful addition.

I saved opening the araldite 420 until bonding the cockpit module, and
for all other jobs I've been using the 50ml version of epibond 420.