Re: RE: Europa-List: Re: Outriggers length

Subject: Re: RE: Europa-List: Re: Outriggers length
From: mau11 <mau11@free.fr>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 06:38:36

Hi Gavin,
Thanks for this method.
In the first time I used the freezer solution but impossible to disengage the
nylon
leg, the nylon contraction is not sufficient, after I use also the inverted
solution with heating the aluminium and stainless steel parts, but no results.

Finally I adopte the last solution with the saw and drill.

After I state that the nylon is dry and glueing to the two parts in the time,
but
when I install the legs during the construction, I use aeroshell grease between
nylon Aluminium and stainless steel.

In the time, the nylon leg with humidity swollen, also original leg is raw, now
the new legs diameter are reduce of 0.5 mm it is more easy to slide into the
2 end fittings.

Michel AUVRAY
Builder 145