Europa-List: Fwd: Rough River Report # 5

Subject: Europa-List: Fwd: Rough River Report # 5
From: Jeffrey Roberts <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 17:28:16

Hi All,
Looks like this year our list is shrinking a bit and for this I'll take
some of the blame. I'm sorry to say that due to life getting in the way
I will not be able to attend Rough River this year. Today I was just
informed that my son now may indeed get a 1 month early return from his
deployment in Afghanistan. He will probably be arriving into FT. Polk LA
the weekend of Rough River. As with the Army there could be a last
minute delay but I cannot commit for sure on RR.  Then on top of that My
daughter, son-n-law and 3 grandkids are planning on being here just in
case my son is coming in so they will go to FT. Polk as well, or just
stay here if he doesn't.  Family in town ;-(.
Just too many things pointing to me not attending this year. I wanted to
tell you all before but I was unsure. As we get closer I had to make a
decision. Now with all that said... There is still a chance that Landon
my son will be delayed. I ask the family and they will be fine with me
squeezing out for Friday night and all day Saturday without them. That
would be cool with me as I need to get away!! Lots up in the air but
being just a few weeks out it's time for us to commit or cancel the
cabin. I apologize for not promoting this as much as last year but
having a kid over there and dealing with my clients, not to mention a
construction project here at the end of our runway has really occupied
my mind this summer.
Also keep in mind... Anyone flying cross country this direction is more
than welcome to use our new guest apartment flying thru. We're located
35 mils south of Nashville TN on the south end of TN14. It's a 3600 foot
grass strip. I have access to 93 octane non alcohol close by. If I have
to go to LA I might not have to leave till Saturday so we'll be here
friday.

I will continue upgrading this list so please do what you can to attend
and let me know of any changes that need to be made.

Regards,
Jeff
N128LJ Gold Rush

> Rough River Attendance Report for September 3rd & 4th.
> :  http://www.airnav.com/airport/2I3
>

> Bob & Maureen Borger... Flying Dragon Lady N914XL in from Corinth TX
> Jim & Lynne Puglise... Doing his best to fly N283JL Jabiru up from
Punta Gorda FL.
> Gary & Susan Leinberger... Flying in the Mooney 3619N from Lancaster
PA.
> Fred Klein... Flying the Big Iron, for now from Orcas Island
Washington ST.
> Troy & Donna Maynor... Flying Little Grace N120EU in from Weaverville
NC.