Europa-List: Maximum All Up Weights

Subject: Europa-List: Maximum All Up Weights
From: Steven Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 12:31:54
Dear Europa Owners
The Europa Club has been asked to look at the possibility of obtaining
an increase in the Max All Up Weight (Max take off Weight) for the fleet
of Europas according to the regulations applied by the British Light
Aircraft Association.
The current MAUWs are 1300lbs (591kgs) for the classic without the tie
bar modification and 1370 lbs (622kgs) with the XS and other modified
Classic kits.
It is already known that different countries have applied different
MAUWs to their local kits (eg Canada, USA, Norway, New Zealand) so we
have practical experience and useage at these higher weights.

In order to progress this initiative the Club needs to build a database
of which kits have been approved at the higher weights (and what has
been approved), what the empty weight is and how many flight hours have
been flown. It would also be useful to have an indication of any changes
to the Centre of Gravity as applied to the aircraft and what typical
loads are carried. This may include has the baggage bay allowance been
increased from the 80 lbs included in the standard XS kit (this may
particularly apply to those of you using the monowheel additional fuel
tank in the wheelwell reserved for the trigear) or does the increased
MAUW allow for heavier pilot/co-pilot or increased empty weight?
Below is the information that I would appreciate receiving on behalf of
the club. To make my life slightly simpler can I ask that those owners
in the Southern Hemisphere please send the details to our Antipodean
Representative Tim Ward (ward.t@xtra.co.nz) , whilst those in Holland
and Northern European Countries please send to Tim Weert
(tim.weert@xs4all.nl) and for those in Belgium/France and Southern
European Countries please send to Remi Guerner (air.guerner@orange.fr).
Any American and Canadian owners can send their details direct to me
please as well as any areas of the world not specifically mentioned.

      Aircraft Registration  Kit number  Hours flown  Empty weight  Max
All up Weight  Centre of Gravity limits  baggage typical pilot/pax fuel
any other comments (please indicate whether kgs or lbs)    Type (tri,

                            mono,

Motorglider)

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you in anticipation of your
help with this venture.

Regards
Steve Pitt
Chairman Europa Club