Europa-List: Re : Painting Time

Subject: Europa-List: Re : Painting Time
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 10:22:12
Hi Lance,

I do not have any direct experience with the Stewart System. However, I
have spent some time talking with the Stewart people at vendor stands at
Sun N Fun and Oshkosh. A few observations :-

    * The system is attractive since it uses non hazardous and non
      flammable components.
    * The end result of a correct application will have an excellent gloss.
    * However, word of mouth is that this system is very unforgiving,
      i.e. the instructions have to be followed EXACTLY. It seems that
      one has to be anal about this.
    * The exact time between coats, the gun type, the gun air supply,
      the gun settings, etc, etc, have to be EXACTLY as specified.
      Otherwise you will get poor results.

A suggestion is to find other kit builders in your area who have done a
spray job recently and follow their advice preferably using local
supplies. Despite needing an airmask I think that most traditional
isocyanate 2 part polyurethanes will be easierto use. If you choose to
use a local spray professional, he will also be happier with these systems.

Cheers, John
N262WF, mono XS, 912S
Mooresville, North Carolina