Europa-List: Re: Mysterious vibration on Europa Tri Gear

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Mysterious vibration on Europa Tri Gear
From: GBWFH2010 <gcgrant@supanet.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 05:14:27

Yesterday I balanced the carbs and test flew the aircraft. It was beautifully
smooth
in the climb and cruise. I could initiate the noise by reducing the throttle
setting to below 25inches MFP, but everything returned to normal at cruise
power. Until I descended to join the circuit, when the noise became apparent
at cruise setting after descending to the circuit height of 1000 ft. It was not
as bad as previously as I could smooth it out by slightly increasing power
and it disappeared when selecting Climb pitch on the downwind leg. Overall a
great
improvement.

I was very interested in Mike Toft's experience which seem very similar to mine
and although I have not ruled anything out everything seems to be pointing to
carburation. I think I will do the same as Mike and see what happens.

--------
Gordon Grant

G-BWFH

Read this topic online here: