Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel Injection

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel Injection
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 09:35:16

On 08/04/2011 01:35 AM, GRAHAM SINGLETON wrote:
> Nevertheless, a good fuel injection system would always be better than
> carburetors which on the 91x engines never give even distribution, just

And if you improve the distribution... you get less fuel consumption,
just as I said. That's the main achievement if you install an EFI.
(Rotax knows about the uneven distribution, so it has adjusted the carbs
to give a proper mixture for the leanest cylinders. The other cylinders
receive a mixture that is a tad richer than optimal. The latter is what
you can correct with the EFI).

> watch the EGTs.. Question is how do you achieve it?

It is not so difficult. The most difficult part is to get an intake
manifold with injector bosses. Once you have that, you can buy a generic
injector kit. It komes with a MAP-sensor, an RPM-sensor, and of course
the programmable computer. Install an O2-sensor in the exhaust, and
tweak the computer so that it gives the proper mixture in all
conditions. I still have it on my list of future projects. ;-)

Frans