Europa-List: AGM

Subject: Europa-List: AGM
From: Steven Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:51:22
Dear Members,
We had a successful AGM weekend at Popham but unfortunately the British
weather meant that the number of Europas attending was down on last year
(31 against 42 in 2010). However we had two intrepid visitors from
Norway (Stephan Cassel (LN-STE - mono) and Svein Johnsen (LN-SKJ -
trigear)) who started off last Tuesday and arrived Saturday morning.
Also in attendance were 3 Dutch Europas who also made it on Saturday (in
time for the pig roast!).

At the AGM I was elected to take over from Dave Bosomworth as Chairman
and I would like to take this opportunity to thank Dave for his sterling
work over the last 10 years as Chairman and, personally, for the support
he has given me and other members in the building and flying of our
Europas.

Swift/Europa kindly donated a Fortnum and Masons hamper for the AGM and
the prize went to Svein Johnsen -  we hope that Svein was not overloaded
for his trip back to Norway.

I hope to get more flying in over the next few months and hope to meet
many of you in the course of these visits.

The Committee is very aware of our responsibilities to the members and
we would like to hear from you as to what you want from the Club. We are
also looking to develop the Overseas Representatives idea as a way to
ensure that all members worldwide have a way to contribute and receive
---From the Club.

Our Editor, Tony Wickens is preparing the latest version of Europa Flyer
and given the number of cameras on hand over the weekend could you all
let us have some of your pictures to show what the weekend was like, for
those that could not attend and for future EFs.

Best wishes and safe flying to you all.
Steve Pitt
G-SMDH Trigear XS