Europa-List: 914 wastegate clean and lube

Subject: Europa-List: 914 wastegate clean and lube
From: Kevin Klinefelter <klinefelter.kevin@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 13:10:14
Hi Guys,

A week or so ago there was some discussion about sticking wastegates after
Jim posted pictures of his frayed servo cable.

I found my notes from a rotax service class I took in Canada. They recommend
cleaning the wastegate shaft with brake cleaner and then lube with Nickle
Anti-Seize from Locktite 51286.

I suppose  to do a good job you would need to remove the muffler, which is a
lot of work with the factory cooling duct in the way.

Kevin