Europa-List: Electric fuel pump

Subject: Europa-List: Electric fuel pump
From: JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 04:45:25

On my new Rotax 912S installation I have the standard electric backup pump as
supplied
by the factory (Facet  40106).  Right from the start it leaked slightly,
seems to be from the actual case.  As it was outside the warranty period I
ordered a new one which I have fitted today.  This one is also leaking slightly
- again appears to be from the actual casing.  I've not even flown with this
new one yet! Just tested it on the ground.   I'm 100% confident about the hose
connections - remade them several times with good clips.

Am I being just unlucky here to have two duff ones or am I c*cking something up?
All I've done with them is remove the rubber blanking plugs from the holes,
fitted the hose fitting nozzles (correct size) and attached the hoses.

Cheers, Jon

--------
G-TERN
Classic Mono