RE: Europa-List: Flap cross tube

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Flap cross tube
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 17:27:20

Thanks to the responders,

and for all of the measurements, and the few extra that came in recently.
They all appear pretty representatively similar.  That is plenty enough to
see that my cross tube length may be on the smaller side, but is pretty
close to what most are measuring. Of course, mine is uncut, and it appears
that some have been trimmed already. Still, that does not explain how far
off it appears to be.

Now I am looking at flap lengths. Maybe a few more measurements will help
towards solving this puzzle. Flap lengths measured from flange to flange are
variable though, but If one measures from the outer flap closeout (on the
wing) to the drive plates (where the pin inserts, on the flap), I think this
would be helpful. This describes the would-be flap containment area,
assuming the cross tube butts up against it inboard, and the flap butts
against the outboard closeout at the tightest flap position setting.  Easier
for those folks that haven't filled their wing yet, to see the plates
through the glass flange. See attachment for further detail...hopefully I
described it well enough as to make it understandable.  I measured mine too,
but misplaced the paper it was written on I will have to do it again.

Greg