Re: Europa-List: Re: CS Prop Controller - manifold pressure.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: CS Prop Controller - manifold pressure.
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 17:26:23

Malcolm, I would echo Frans' sentiments - go for the  SR 3000 W! It is a
great blade with some 26 degrees of twist on the blade - which is ideal for
speeds in the 100 to 160 kt range, whereas the commonly seen blades of
Airmaster/Warp Drive, Arplast and ordinary Woodcomp props have only around
12 degrees of twist which leads to the central portion of the prop being in
beta mode as soon as it gets started. Changing from a Woodcomp SR2000 to an
SR 3000W absolutely transformed my cooling (which had always been an issue)
as well as increasing top speed and economy. Could let you have results of
comparative trials if you are interested.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ