Europa-List: Classic Mono Trailer, 912 engine issues

Subject: Europa-List: Classic Mono Trailer, 912 engine issues
From: Richard Lamprey <lamprey@infocom.co.ug>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 08:52:45
Greetings to all from Kenya.

Does anyone have the design or blueprint for the original classic
monwheel trailer, or similar?  I would be grateful if you could send to
me.

Also regarding 912 engine issues, solutions may be not at all obvious.
I put something into the Europe thread a couple of months ago about one
of my carbs pouring fuel out, this coming back through into the plenum
chamber to leak out of the drain hole.  I tried everything, carb
overhaul kit, new needle etc, nothing helped.  Finally, out of
desperation (and from some windy airfield on the African plains), called
SkyDrive from a windy strip on the African plains.  They said, as last
resort, check the carb pressure balancing tube from carb to plenum, is
it clear.  I did, it was blocked by a small insect that had crawled down
it from the plenum chamber.  Cleared with a piece of locking wire,
engine ran very sweetly, problem solved.

Best,
Richard
Kenya, Europa Classic Monowheel, reg 5Y-LRY