Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: This year´s first but not

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: This year´s first but not
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 14:56:45
Raimo,

You have a wonderful wife you lucky fellow!!

Great video of your P-51 flight.  That is one very special 1.0 in your
log book.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Tri-Gear, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
Prop
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=60232
http://www.biplaneforumgallery.com/index.php?cat=10046
Europa Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117

On May 20, 2011, at 13:07, Raimo Toivio wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> after a really neverending, very cold, dark and multisnowrich winter
there seems to be some sights finally, that the Flying Season 2011 in
Finland could start.

> Obviously it will be extremely hot just like last summer.
>
> I well remember once I was airborne around midnight at the flight
level FL60 and I got a sudden feeling there is something seriously
wrong.
> Engine was a bit hot and somehow unpowered and I did not feel very
good.
> Finally I noticed OAT was +30C !
>
> So, it was nice to open my Europa=B4s refridgerator and take out some
refreshments (only juice of course ' do not worry there is room
available for six cans and two of them must be after-flight beers
[attachment]).
> Yes I know ' the colour world is not perfect. The fridge is red but
some day it will be painted to be gold.

> As I stated it was not actually so fun to even think about flying in
Finland last winter.
> I got so sick that my wife forced me ' a poor Europa pilot ' to
fly.

> If you click
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watchL?v=RAt9oj9eI3I
>
> you will see how it went.
>
> It has been loaded last night only some hours ago.
> It is very Europa (Monowheel only) related.
> If you like it please press a button =93I like it=94.
>
> I wish you all very attractive and safe flights, with Europa or any
plane (do not fly alone, flying is very social as you well know).