Europa-List: Crimping wires

Subject: Europa-List: Crimping wires
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 09:15:38
Cheers,
        I began crimping with this project because I had been told that my
last airliner was almost exclusively crimp-worthy. Too late I discovered the
fastest and most secure (a feeling) method for signal; wires  - of which I
have several pleths (a plethora) - and the easy use of D-sub connectors and
BandC solid pins and sockets.
        While vibration prevention is still a challenge, I found the
connecting through, say, DE-9s was fast and efficient using the RCT-3 was
the quickest and most accurate tool. As well consideration of manipulating
AWG#22 wires is still a problem. I'm sure there must be equivalents on the
eastern shore......

BandC Specialty Products/Electrical/Tools/RCT-3
Ferg Kyle
PS: I admit to having an investment in the above firm (they kept sending
tools I ordered) but nothing more.....