Europa-List: Strengthen Door with Mod 67

Subject: Europa-List: Strengthen Door with Mod 67
From: AirEupora <AirEupora@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 14:20:51

Well, I have successful strengthen one door to the point that I don't have a
budge
on this door any more.  MOD 67 took away to much material and then re-installing
the cover caused most of my problems.  I made a three layer ply of fiberglass
1" tape inside of the door.  I held it in place with aluminum angle on
the inside and outside.  Lots of clamps.  Once that was dry I re-installed the
cover with microfibers and again lots of clamps with aluminum angle on both
sides.
The door fit nicely.    I started on the pilot's door today.

I have one problem and maybe somebody can help.  The edge where the MOD 67 cut
out into the door area I only have about 1/4" clearance and the door frame.  The
seal is over 1/4" thick.  I need a seal in the area that is smaller in width.
Any ideals out there?

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/img_0282_723.jpg