RE: Europa-List: Engine Hoods

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Engine Hoods
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 12:14:08

 I wonder if it would really be a worthwhile project. I once timed the remo
val/replacement of the top hood=2C using a manual screwdriver=2C and no rus
hing. It takes less than 5 minutes. Compare that to all the other tasks whe
n you want to go flying=2C and it turns out to be pretty trivial. And you w
ouldn't want to do this every time.
Karl

> Subject: Re: Europa-List: Engine Hoods
> From: tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com
> Date: Tue=2C 19 Apr 2011 20:48:34 +1000
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
>

> Thks Graham=2C
> I reckon that sounds like a good idea. I have found a removeable pin MS20
001-5 hinge supplier=2C using a composite hinge and removable pin. I just t
hink that the curvature of the cowl may prohibit "easy" removal=2C therefor
e defeating the purpose. I can't figure something like camlocks to undo the
 cowls=2C followed by a similar mech to the bonnet to open conventionally.

> Reg
> TonyR.
> On 19/04/2011=2C at 8:03 PM=2C GRAHAM SINGLETON wrote:
>
> > Tony
> > start from the thought that there is at least 6lb/sq inch pressure insi
de it=2C
> > that adds up to quite a load.
> > You can use hinge (same as a Glasair or RV) down the sides=2C just pull
 the hinge
> > pin out to
> >
> > release. Then camlocks or southco across the firewall
> > Graham

om>