Re: Europa-List: Gluing Tip

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Gluing Tip
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 23:35:29
Fergus=0Adon't suppose you know if it exists our side of the pond do you? N
o doubt =0Asomeone thought a different name would be used. Not helpful to w
e users =0A=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom:
 Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>=0ATo: 5EUROPALIST  <europa-list@matronics.com>
=0ASent: Tuesday, 12 April, 2011 18:34:28=0ASubject: Europa-List: Gluing Ti
p=0A=0AGluing Tip =0AI must share this slowly-realised opinion, since I use
 it regularly. First, I am =0Ain my 14thyear of construction=93for ma
ny reasons, one of which is sloth.=0AHowever, Bob Nuckolssuggested
=9CShoo Goo=9D, also known as E6000 I believe=93andwhich =0Ais
locally available at the Dollar Store.=0AIt is clear, colourless and an alc
ohol-based adhesive which squeezes out (not =0Areally liquid) and setsfairl
y quickly. By the time the day is up, it=99s pretty =0Ahardened but i
t continuesuntil really stiff. It does not transmit electricity, =0Abut CAN
 be pried out/off with a blade if necessary.It hardens in the tube after
=0Aabout a year.=0AI used it to fix cable runswhen an epoxied base was not
feasible, but then I =0Aneeded something running abit thinner. I mixed an e
qual amount of Toluol[acetone =0Adon=99t do it )into a small plastic
container (Kodak 35mm) with an equal dollop of =0AShoo Goo and shook and st
irredit until reduced in viscosity. Magic.=0AI may now apply the thinner ad
hesive onto exposed wiring, and adjust the =0Athickness progressively (if n
ecessary) with a bamboo stick, and in two days =0Ait=99shard as nails
 and really tenacious. When the=98rubbernipples=9Ddon=99t
 completely =0Aseal off the air, thinned Shoo Goo does it nicely=93an
d easily. I have tested it =0Aafter 5 years andfounditstill as good as ever