Re: Europa-List: JABIRU 3300 BRAND NEW OVER TEMPERATURE DURING TAXI

Subject: Re: Europa-List: JABIRU 3300 BRAND NEW OVER TEMPERATURE DURING TAXI
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:13:07

Gus-

Graham makes a good point.=C2- There is a section in the installation man
ual that talks about the induction system.=C2- Many Jab users don't even
use SCAT tubing because the rough sides create turbulence going into the ca
rb.=C2- I just replaced the SCAT tubing between my airbox and the carb wi
th rubber tubing.=C2- If you want to do that, there is a NAPA part number
 (I think it is a radiator hose for an older Ford truck) that you can make
it from.=C2- In addition, Jab recommends that you use a "cobra head" betw
een the tube and the carb.=C2- Also, are you able to monitor=C2-the=C2
-CHT and EGT in each cylinder?=C2- That can be important since differen
t cylinders will cool at different rates.=C2- If you have only one "hot"
cylinder, you can address just that one.=C2- All I am saying is based on
what I have picked up during my build.=C2- I was about to start the engin
e last week and lost the EMS, so until it gets back from Dynon I am dead in
 the water.=C2- Also, your cooling output needs to be at least 3X your=C2
-air input area.=C2- =C2-

Jim