RE: Europa-List: Re: Sun and Fun hit by Tornado today

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Sun and Fun hit by Tornado today
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 13:26:29

That's unfortunate to have that type of weather go through during such a big
airshow.
Here is a link to some info, but its early, and will probably be awhile
before we know the totality of the problems.
http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2011/03/31/suspected-tornado-collapses-airpor
t-hangar-trapping-70/

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4618468/violent-storms-batter-florida

According to Sun and Fun news (current report below), it may not be over.
The weather could be bad tomorrow as well.....be careful!!  :

Sun 'n Fun > NewsWEATHER ALERT!
March 30, 2011
SUN 'n FUN Fly-In
Wednesday, March 30, 2001
4 p.m.

Lakeland and Polk County are currently under a Tornado Watch until 8 p.m.
tonight.  A Tornado Watch is issued to alert people to the possibility of a
tornado developing in our area.  At this point, a tornado has not been seen
but the conditions are favorable for a tornado to occur.
In addition, there is the potential for severe weather tomorrow - Thursday,
March 31 - from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. with the likelihood of high winds and the
possibility of hail between 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Please secure your aircraft, exhibit, tent and/or campsite and encourage
others to do so immediately.
The air show is on hold at this point until 5:15 p.m. Warbirds and the jump
plane were launched earlier this afternoon but recalled due to winds gusting
up to 30 m.p.h.
Remember to keep safety as your top priority.  Thank you for sharing this
information with others.