Europa-List: one step backward

Subject: Europa-List: one step backward
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:48:43

Here's an error not worth repeating...

After finding what I thought would be adequate space on the panel for
one of those cigar lighter receptacles touted as a power source for
charging an iPad, upon receipt of it from Acft. Spruce (p/n 11-01294),
and finding it a bit bulkier than anticipated, I thought I'd found a
dandy place...namely, a nice flat horizontal area on the CM just
starboard of the raised housing for the throttle, forward of the hand
brake, convenient for pilot or passenger.

Monowheel builders beware! Lurking beneath it is the flap control
rod...something I discovered only AFTER drilling a nice neat 1.125"
dia. hole and attempting to retract the LG.

I do love the forgiving nature and repairability of FG composites...
(sigh).

Fred
A194...gettin er dun, a liddle bit every day