Europa-List: Rotax 914 Turbo - TCU Amber light Blinking

Subject: Europa-List: Rotax 914 Turbo - TCU Amber light Blinking
From: Turbo_Boss <turboboss@cwpanama.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 16:48:58

Hello Guys,

I hope that somebody that have a Rotax 914 can help me

Last  weekend, when I was going to take off, I advance the throttle to full and
then advance the lever to engage the turbo, I fill when the turbo kick in for
a few seconds but then then I fill the engine loose power like if I move the
lever back to disengage the turbo. I abort the take off and get back to the
hangar.
Thinking that the problem was old fuel, I remove completely the fuel, put
new fuel, new plugs, clean the air filter, clean carburetors, start the engine
and everything was OK.  Since is was late, I don't fly it.

Today I start my engine ROTAX 914 Turbo and during the warn up, around 3 minutes
of engine running at 2,000 RPM, the Amber Warning TCU light, blink 3 times and
then stop blinking.

The Engine is installed on a Magni Gyro and it has 248hrs

This was my EIS reading when this happened:

Fuel Pressure: 6.5psi
Engine RPM: 2,000
Oil Temp: 95
EGT: 1,000
CHT: 120

I was checking the Rotax 914 Trouble Shooting Manual and its says that if this
Amber TCU warning light blink, its mean that there can be a problem in:

Wiring Sensor
Sensor damage
TCU Failure
Air Box Leakage

So where you recommend me to start looking for the problem?

THX

Isaac

Read this topic online here: