Re: Europa-List: Re: Safety and helmets

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Safety and helmets
From: josok-e <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 15:00:01

> In a typical nose down, high rate vertical 'arrival' the major concern with
> Europas
(and all other VLA/LSA) is the high levels of intrusion into the occupant
space.  Clarification - intrusion by airframe parts and/or powerplant/systems.
Air-bag restraints and similar systems would not necessarily help with reduction
in overall levels of occupant injury.

Not so obvious maybe is that in case of the Europa the floor just in
front of the seats will crack, the nose will pivot around the tunnel and
the potruding edge of the instrument panel will hit the face(s).
My money would go to remove that lip, and replace it with some padding,
and or reinforce the floor in front of the seats. Don't ask me how i
know this :-)

Regards,

Jos