Europa-List: Ignition switch wiring

Subject: Europa-List: Ignition switch wiring
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 02:00:41

Hi all,

Still investigating the kick back problem on my 912S, I have a question for
electronic
engineers:
The Rotax schematic shows two separate AWG18 shielded wires from the ignition
modules
to the ignition switches. On my aircraft, I have a twisted pair of wires,
probably smaller than AWG18,  inside a single braided shielding. Is it possible
that this configuration cause interference between the two circuits so that
when ignition A is active and ignition B is grounded, ignition B may produce
some spark while I am cranking the engine?

Regards
Remi
F-PGKL, 820 hours

Read this topic online here: