Re: Europa-List: Rough River Vote needed

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rough River Vote needed
From: Jeff B <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:26:02

Jeff,

We're in for whatever, however I think earlier is better.  You booking
the cabin this year?

Jeff, Baby Blue

On 2/3/2011 5:16 PM, JEFF ROBERTS wrote:
> -->  Europa-List message posted by: JEFF ROBERTS<Jeff@rmmm.net>
>
> Hi All,
>
> Here are the dates available.
>
> 1st Option. We could consider doing our fly-in on the Labor day weekend as
> they're
pretty open September 2&  3rd. They have plenty of rooms left and 7 cabins.

> 2nd. The weekend of the 9th&  10th is when Sport Aviation would be there. They
only have 6 lodge rooms left and 6 smaller cabins left. That may make it tough
for those wanting to commit late. Plus the field would be quit busy as far
as getting to park our Europa's together. However their woul be lots of other
planes to keep us entertained.

> The weekend of the 16th&  17th is booked solid and there is nothing available.
So doing what we did last year two weeks after Labor day is out.

> 3rd. September 23&  24 they only have 15 lodge rooms and 2 cabins so that
> weekend
is tight. Looks like the closer to fall the more booked they are.

> My suggestion and vote would be option 1 and do it on Labor day weekend the
> 2nd&
3rd. That way anyone wanting can even stay Sunday night then fly home on
Monday. This could give the faraway flyers an extra day to get home. Some may
have family obligations with the holiday though.

> The only other option would be to go for September 30th&  October 1st but...
Weather?

> I think we all need to chime in here on your thoughts and vote.  Whatever is
best for the group let me know and I'll get it booked. As far as a meeting&
eating
room I'll go for what they have when we decide on the weekend.  Worst case
would be the airport... Not bad.