RE: Europa-List: ELTs, tailwheel bearings, carb problems

Subject: RE: Europa-List: ELTs, tailwheel bearings, carb problems
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:37:48
Hi Richard,

So you are still surviving the draconian regulations that now exist in
Kenya!

I converted my Mono to a Trigear a long time ago but I do remember having
problems with the original tail wheel bearings.  I returned the first wheel
to Europa because it had grumbly/ sticking bearings from new.  The
replacement wheel was just the same so I took the bearings apart and it was
obvious they were very inferior.  The balls looked like lumps of lead shot
rather than ground balls.  I replaced them with the Aircraft Spruce bearings
and never had a problem after that.

Best regards

Brian Davies