Re: Europa-List: G-JHKP first flight

Subject: Re: Europa-List: G-JHKP first flight
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 23:33:50
John=0Acongratulations, very pleased to hear you have arrived, not the long
est build =0Aeither by several years!=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A______________
__________________=0AFrom: John Heykoop <john.heykoop@gmail.com>=0ATo: euro
pa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Monday, 29 November, 2010 22:10:11=0ASubject:
 Europa-List: G-JHKP first flight=0A=0A=0A=0AI am pleased to announce that
Europa XS mono G-JHKP (kit 536) had its first =0Aflight at Dunsfold today i
n the capable hands of Pete Jeffers. Thankfully the =0Aflight did not show
up any significant problems. The systems used on this short =0Aflight all w
orked, and the stall was benign. "She is a good one" was Pete's =0Averdict.
=0A=0AG-JHKP is powered by a Rotax 912S and has an Airmaster constant speed
 propeller. =0AEmpty weight is 864lbs. Build hours add up to a staggering 3
600 hours, spread =0Aover nine years. The aircraft was painted by Murray Fl
int, who did a great job =0A(see the attached pictures).=0A=0AI would like
to thank my inspector, Ron Speer, for the support he has given me =0Aover t
he past nine years. I would also like to thank Brian Davies for helping me
=0Ato get the plane up to a standard where it was ready for its final inspe
ction.=0A=0AJohn Heykoop