Europa-List: Seat Cushions

Subject: Europa-List: Seat Cushions
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 16:00:09
I used a combo of memory foam and med. density upholstery foam. I'm
6-1", 190#. Seat cushion is 1" green "crash" (very dense) memory foam
+ 1" blue memory foam + wedges of upholstery foam. Seat back is but 1"
uphostery foam + wedges, rolled over as shown w/ memory foam inserts
for lumbar supports. Seat back will be velcrowed w/ straps going down
backside of CM...it's pictured w/ a pink foam temp. support. Seat
cushion is 18" x 23.5" and extends forward of FG thigh support, but
remains clear for full movement of control stick.

This really feels comfortable for my bod, particularly w/ the wedges
and the forward thigh supports.

I did have, however, a major hiccup when I took it to an uphosterer
who wants $400/cushion...way above budget...but thanks to youtube, I
believe I'll be able to do a credible job of making patterns and
sewing it up myself...wish me luck!

Fred

DSCN2451.JPG

DSCN2455.JPG