Re: Europa-List: Brakes Bleeding

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Brakes Bleeding
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 15:55:31

On 10/21/2010 11:02 PM, John Greenhalgh wrote:

> Is there anyone who can advise on bleeding the brakes on my europa.

If you have a tri-gear, and the other master cylinder brand than Matco
(forgot the name but I think it started with a "J"), toss it away and
install Matco brake cylinders instead. I spent a whole frustrating
weekend to try to bleed that other brand, but those things are just
horrible and badly manufactured. In fact, if you would manage to bleed
them properly after all, you will most likely end up replacing them by
Matco's anyway, as these things usually develop problems (leakage,
jamming) after a short time of usage.

After I installed the Matco's, bleeding was a non-event that took a few
minutes. In the 100 hours I have been flying with them during the last
half year, I had no problems with them. Feel and braking capacity is
perfect.

Succes,
Frans