Re: Europa-List: Where is the best place to

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Where is the best place to
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 17:26:04
Nothing wrong with it there.  I assume you have a tube from the NACA in
the tail,   I normally have an access panel in the tail near the NACA,
so that is where I have put two of them and they work fine.  Just keep
it close to the direct air source and not in the top of the fuselage.  I
have a small water drain hole in the loop of my ducting (made from
fiberglass) as the tube comes under the bulkhead and pitch tube.  The
drain hole is 1/4 inch so there is sufficient air flow past the probe.
Other places are in the 914 intake duct., Forward of the flap in the
wing root to fuselage junction (client had cut the wire very short and
it was a compromise, but worked).
I saw one placed in the door rebate area , which seemed to work, but his
probe was really small.

I would shy away from putting it in the intake of the 912, or anywhere
where you have to unplug it for normal servicing.  Also stay away from
the belly where the cowl exits are..

Bud Yerly