RE: Europa-List: Test flying

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Test flying
From: Peter Jeffers <pjeffers@talktalk.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 20:08:17

Hi,

I guess the info you provide is a bit limited but may I suggest two areas to
look at.
1.  Sounds a little as though you have excessive friction in the elevator
circuit.  The elevator control input is very light and any friction in the
circuit could cause hang up.
2.  Flettna strips on the elevators.  Are they fitted?  Are they to the spec
layed down in the build instructions.  Inadequate strips will cause you to
get no pitch change until the control movement gets to a certain point then
you will notice a large effect change all at once. Small trim tab movments
get lost within the boundary layer, hence need for flettnas.

Sorry no help with second question although of course there is a general
check list in the Pilots Flying Manual that should have come with your kit.
Failing that, it is available on the manufacturers web site for down load
under manuals.

Pete Jeffers
Europa Club LAA Inspector