Europa-List: AMPREG 21

Subject: Europa-List: AMPREG 21
From: Bob Fairall <Bob.Fairall@fairalls.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 10:53:02
Hi all,

I'm wondering whether anyone has had any snags with the 'new' Ampreg 21 as
 opposed to the 'old 'Ampreg 20' when used in the surface finishing mode?

I've never had a problem with Ampreg 20, either on my first Europa, nor up
 to half way through the build of my second. However, I ran out of '20' an
d have started using Europa supplied '21' and find the '21' based filler h
orrible to sand ........ it clogs every sanding paper I try, Permagrit too
ls included.

I am using:-

*         the same filler, Europa supplied, same batch even.

*         I add of the other powder (sorry, can't remember the name) to ma
ke it smooth more easily in exactly the same proportions as before.

*         the right mix - '20' is 100:25. '21' is 3:1.

*         the workshop is heat soaked and dry, dry, dry ........ I even tr
ied higher than usual workshop temps.

*         I keep the workshop warm for at least 12 hours after application
 and after that the workshop has burst of heat which keep it well above cu
rrent outside air temperature, which is about 17C.

I am aware SP have a very good Helpline, but thought I'd see if anyone els
e has had the same problem first.

Thanks

Bob Fairall