Europa-List: Dynon EFIS D100, ATTN Bud Yerly

Subject: Europa-List: Dynon EFIS D100, ATTN Bud Yerly
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 16:52:15
Bud,
        Once again your timely reply is most appreciated. I know that
several correspondents on net have mentioned the value of your attention to
the list. Thank you.
        I suspected that Dynon might  not have produced the ideal device and
that there were many more for research, but must 'fess up' that I had
already installed the EMS-D10A unit in attempting to overcome the nose-heavy
result of 914 plus CS prop (Woodcomp). The assumption was that several
pounds ahead of CoG could be saved by avoiding vacuum-driven dials and their
hardware.
        For that reason I think I'll have to go with the D100 because;
(a)     there's a saving in weight from my homemade EFIS (mini-Mac);
(b)     they have fashioned an "exchange" link between the two (DSAB);
(c)     their wiring harness seemed a lot simpler than my alternative;
(d)     the space available won't accept the D10 but will the D100;
(e)     I can easily incorporate a cooling fan overhead; and
(f)     I can get the D100 from a nearby AS outlet (simplified tax/import
duty).

        I was heartened to see you said that installation was relatively
easy. I appreciate that these reasons may be less than 'engineering' logic,
but unless there is outstanding clamour otherwise, will have to go with it.

                Again, much obliged.
        Ferg