Re: Europa-List: Dynon EFIS D100

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Dynon EFIS D100
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:35:29
Dynon EFIS D100Ferg,
If you can keep the panel cool, that is below about 50C they are bullet
proof.  Claude Tugwell's was installed by someone else and would go
blank at about 50C.  It still was working, but the video blanked.  I
installed with him and Jim some cooling fans and inlet ducts which took
care of that.  Easy to hook up, magnetometer is a bit funny as the OAT
sensor goes through it.  Updates have to be done from a computer, which
is a pain for those without a laptop.  (I prefer a unit that has a USB
stick input or flash card for updates.) I have installed two
D100/FD180s, two D10As and they are painless.

Price wise look too at the larger (somewhat) Trutrak EFIS GP at $2200
and it looks like a great system.  It uses knobs for input which I like.
 Upgrades are easy, and if you want autopilot it is really easy to
upgrade to one or two axis.  I am not flying this one.  Have two Grand
Rapids and one more D180 to install in the shop and am behind.

My personal unit is a Blue Mountain G4 and works great...Expensive to
update databases, but otherwise has proven to be bullet proof.  Until it
breaks down, then no service I guess.

I need to get on the stick and get some work done...Regards
Bud
Custom Flight Creations