Re: Europa-List: RR Up-date #14 & Meeting times

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RR Up-date #14 & Meeting times
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 21:18:28

On Sep 7, 2010, at 2:51 PM, JEFF ROBERTS wrote:

> My suggestion would be to meet at the flight line and cover as much
> as necessary.  Then we can also use the lounge right there as well.
> My guess is the wives wouldn't want to attend anyway so the small
> lounge may work.  If you like chime in here and give me your vote.

Jeff/All,

Given that the large conference room is unavailable, the room at the
airstrip/flightline sounds fine to me...and before we dive into
technical issues, I continue to favor a "kick-off" session for
introductions and to celebrate our gathering...afterall, some
attendees will have come a long distance...flying in planes they built
themselves...(that's gotta be worth celebrating!).

So before getting buried in a batch of technical discussions, I'd like
to get some insight about who I'm rubbing shoulders with...my
preference is that the first session be dedicated to hearing up to 5
or 6 minutes from each attendee who'd like to say something about
themselves, their Europa journey, and what they hope to get out of RR/
2010.

I would also favor structuring the technical sessions in such a manner
that it's possible to slip out to the flightline at will so I can
drool over the gaggle...(I'll take some paper towels...)

Fred