Re: Europa-List: Batteries and fuel systems

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Batteries and fuel systems
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 00:16:52

On 09/06/2010 11:27 PM, G-IANI wrote:

> Attached is a picture of the fuel pump setup for G-IRON

Nice! I love that manifold you created.
But I can't help noticing that the springs inside the filters are
missing. ;-)

Furthermore, I would recommend to use two separate electrical connectors
for the fuel pumps. It even looks like both pumps share a common ground
wire... and this makes the system very vulnerable for a single point
failure. After all, the whole point of having two fuel pumps and two
filters is to eliminate single point failures as much as possible. As
connectors are known for their high failure rate I would highly
recommend to separate all the wires and connectors for the fuel pumps as
much as possible! You are going to hate it if this single connector
fails due to some minor corrosion while you are flying over the channel,
taking both fuel pumps out of the equation at the same time...

Frans