Re: Europa-List: Front wheel wobbling

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Front wheel wobbling
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 18:14:54

Jurgen,

For more information, go to http://www.europa-aircraft.com/ and select "Builder
Assistance" from the colum on the left.  After that page loads, select the
"BUILDERS MANUALS" tab.  This will load the page with the Builder's Manuals.
Scroll down that page and select Chapter 29T - Landing Gear Tri Gear.  Find the
Nose Gear Introduction on Page 8 and begin reading there.  Read at least
through page 11.

Do not fly the aircraft again until the nose wheel shimmy has been corrected.
You will damage the nose wheel assembly.  Don't hesitate to call Europa for
assistance
and supplemental instructions either.

If you need assistance translating the English to German, go to
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/ to help in translating the document.  The
translations are not perfect, but they help.

Viel gluck mein freund.

Check six,
Bob Borger
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
Europa XS, Short Wing, Intercooled Rotax 914
rlborger@mac.com
Cel: 817-992-1117

On Sep 5, 2010, at 4:24 PM, Juergen Buschmann wrote:

> Hello, Im a proud newby since Ive bought my Europa classic TRG in June this
> year.
> Im German, so please apollogise my bad english particular when it comes to
> technical
terms.
> Now to my problem with the front wheel:
> While landing on tomac the front wheel wobbles like the wheels on an old
> shopping
trolley.
> This is rather uncomfortable and embarrassing.
> It never occures in the takeoff.
> It now seems to me, that the bolt of the front wheel fork is bent.
> I do not know whether the bolt was bent by wobbling or the wobbling has got
> its
origin in the bented bolt.