Europa-List: iPad aviation apps

Subject: Europa-List: iPad aviation apps
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 20:22:11

At our little Orcas Island Fly In this weekend, graced by an
immaculate and extremely rare Menasco powered Fairchild 22 (for sale
incidentally for $80k USD...a steal), a Waco Travel Air S-6000B
airliner, Jerry Rehn's immaculate Europa XS mono, and numerous
classics & homebuilts, in a conversation with Jerry, he told me about
a series of aviation-related apps for the iPad including a moving map
and other in-flight (as well as pre-flight & flight planning)
functions...sufficient, or potentially sufficient, when used w/ the
iPad w/ internal GPS, to be used for inflight navigation.

I haven't been able to find much on line, so I'm hoping that
Jerry...and certainly any others w/ technical knowledge...would
expound a bit on the subject.

Fred